“Finally a book that can give an honest and realistic approach to working in the live entertainment industry. [Roadie,Inc.] breaks down some of the myths of working in the live music business without making it sound demoralising”
– Steven Douglas, Show Designer and Lighting Director for The Killers, Watch The Throne Tour with Jay Z & Kanye West, Kylie Minogue and others.
Right now, people like you are touring around the world with rock bands and getting paid to do it. Do you want to join them?
I wrote ‘Roadie, Inc’ to help you find out how to get working with bands on tour. There are dozens of bands playing gigs in every town, every night and most of them will employ one or more crew.
But how do you get employed by a band on tour? How do you learn how the live music business really works? Why aren’t these jobs ever advertised?
Well I have tried to answer those questions, and more like them, in this book. I have been in the business for more than 25 years – ‘Roadie, Inc’ is the distillation of my experience and knowledge to help you– the road crew of tomorrow.
Roadie, Inc is the definitive guide to gaining and keeping a career in the live music business. Inside you will find:
- How the live music business really works
- Details of the various backstage jobs
- Industry secrets – why roadie jobs are never advertised
“A fantastic book that helps answer all the questions for a person wanting to join the live music business”
– Mark Wynn-Davis, Lighting Designer for Jamiroquai.
This completely revised second edition reflects includes updated information on how to start your career on-the-road as well an expanded section on the specific backstage jobs.
- Paperback: 194 pages
- Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform; 2 edition (September 30, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1456549685
- ISBN-13: 978-1456549688
…buy it for your iPad from the iBookstore