CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 UPDATE MARCH 2020: The live music business is going through changes at the moment. I’m leaving this site up as a legacy resource and the content does not reflect current events.
Get the Help and Advice You Need for Your Live Music Career.
Are you an artist – singer, guitarist, drummer, rapper, bass player, DJ, keyboard player, vocalist, percussionist, sax player, or electronic musician – looking to get better gigs and go on tour?
Or do you want to get work as a live sound engineer, lighting designer, backline technician, concert tour manager, PA systems engineer, tour chef, wardrobe assistant, or merch seller?
My name is Andy Reynolds, concert tour manager, live sound engineer, lecturer, and author. I have written articles, books, and made videos, to give you the information you need for a career in the live music business.
Some of the information you will find on this site:
- A guide to the live music business (you should probably read this first).
- Articles on all aspects of gigging and touring, including an explanation of the work of the booking agent (important), concert touring in Europe (useful if you are from the US or Canada), and how to get road crew work with international touring bands.
- Free resources for touring musicians.
- Details of my books about the live music business.
- A guide to the work of the concert tour manager (in case you need to hire a tour manager for your live shows in the future).