I am honoured to be presenting a tutorial on audio engineering jobs for live music tours at the 130th Audio Engineering Society (www.aes.org) conference in London. The tutorial session is called ‘How to Gain and Keep a Career in The Live Music Business’ and is based on my experience on helping people get ‘roadie’-type jobs on music tours.
The tutorial session will cover such information as:
· The live music business today
· Routes into the live sound business for engineers
· The different audio roles on a music show or event
· The specialized skills relevant to concert audio engineering
· Why sound engineering jobs are never advertised
· Employment vs freelancing
· Writing and presenting a relevant résumé/ CV
· How to start and run a freelance live audio business
.. and much more.
The 130th AES Conference takes place at the Novotel London West from May 13th – 16th. Full details can be found here.